Search results for: privacy notice

2 results

Privacy & Disclaimer Policy

1.Disclaimer and Privacy Policy.  

1.1.By using the services (app) you agree, to the extent permitted by law, to indemnify RNHWA, its directors, and volunteers, harmless with respect to any claim.

1.2.We try to ensure that the information published on the RNHWA App is up-to-date and accurate. However, this information does not constitute legal or professional advice and the RNHWA cannot accept any liability for actions arising from its use.

1.3.The RNHWA cannot be held responsible for the contents or accuracy of any pages referenced by an external link. External links are provided to assist users of the App and the inclusion of a link does not imply that the RNHWA endorses or has approved the linked site.

1.4.The End User accepts Apple iTunes and Google Play app stores terms of service.

1.5.You may use the Services and Content (sic) only for personal, non-commercial purposes.

1.6.You may not use the services to:

1.6.1.Post any materials that you do not have permission, right or licence to use;

1.6.2.Post objectionable, offensive, unlawful, deceptive or harmful content;

1.6.3.Post personal, private or confidential information belonging to others;

1.6.4.Request personal information from a minor;

1.6.5.Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity;

1.6.6.Post or transmit spam, including but not limited to unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, or informational announcements;

1.6.7.Plan or engage in any illegal, fraudulent or manipulative activity.

1.7.Use of the application is at your sole risk.

1.8.In no event shall RNHWA be liable for personal injury or incidental, special, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever, arising out of your use of, or inability to use the application.

1.9.RNHWA does not guarantee that your use of the app will be uninterrupted or error free, and that for periods of time, the service may be removed without notice to you.

1.10.RNHWA will not be responsible for failures to fulfil any obligations due to causes beyond its control.

1.11.RNHWA shall use reasonable efforts to protect information submitted by you in connection with the app, but you recognise that your submission of such information is at your sole risk, and RNHWA will bear no responsibility for any loss or liability relating to such loss of information.

2. Warranty and Liability.

2.1.RNHWA does not warrant that:

2.1.1. The service will meet the End Users specific requirements;

2.1.2. The service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free;

2.1.3. The results that may be obtained from the use of the app will be accurate or reliable;

2.1.4. The quality of any products, services, information, or other material obtained by the End Users through the app will meet their expectations;

2.1.5. Any errors in the service will be corrected; and

2.1.6. Free from malicious malware or secure from unauthorised malicious access by any third party.

2.2.RNHWA provides its End Users a service that:

2.2.1. Outlines that the app is supplied with no liability, and that its End Users accept it cannot hold any party liable for any type of damages or negligence in the use of the app.

2.2.2. The End User downloads the app and its content at their own risk.

2.2.3. RNHWA is responsible for all content on the app and will monitor and moderate content added by itself and the End User.

2.3.The End User expressly understands and agrees that RNHWA shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages to the End User, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from:

2.3.1. The use or the inability to use the app;

2.3.2. The cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, resulting from any goods, data, information or services, purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the app;

2.3.3. Unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;

2.3.4. Statements or conduct of any End User on the app;

2.3.5. Or any other matter relating to the service including any damage to End Users technological devices, personal data or breach of privacy.

3. Indemnification.

3.1.The End User will fully indemnify and hold harmless RNHWA including our mobile app service provider (TheAppOffice), as permitted by Law, from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, to the extent that any of the forgoing is directly or indirectly caused by the negligent or wilful acts or omissions of RNHWA or its agents or representatives, and which will result from or arise out of the RNHWA’s participation in this agreement.

4. Limitation of Liability.

4.1.RNHWA including it’s mobile app service provider (TheAppOffice) will not be liable to the End User or any agent, or associate of the End User including its clients, for any mistake, content or error in judgement or sudden termination / disruption of service or for any act or omission done in good faith and believed to be within the scope of authority conferred or implied by this agreement.

5. Privacy Statement.

5.1. Any personal data collected through this App will processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.  In line with this Act, RNHWA is committed to protecting your privacy and only using any data you give us for its intended purpose and in accordance with this Act.

5.2.Any personal data you provide through our App, and in other forms, will be used for the purpose provided and will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act.

5.2(a)

Your privacy is important to us. We will never sell your data, all your details will be stored securely and we will only send communications we believe to be relevant to you.  If you wish to opt out of the App please remove the App from your smart phone.

 

5.3.If you use the App to tell us about a complaint you wish to make about a listed link, we will use your information in accordance with our complaints handling policy.  In most cases this involves us advising the authority in question that you have made a complaint.  If you would prefer us not to do this, please let us know.

5.4.We collect information from a number of sources so that we can deal with complaints brought to the RNHWA.  Additionally, information collected by us may also be used to compile statistics and undertake research and analysis.  There may be public interest benefits in reusing information for the purposes of research.  Information is completely anonymised for these purposes.

5.5.We carry out our investigations in many different topics and your views are valuable to us, we may also contact you again to ask that you take part in our surveys for research purposes.

6. Traffic Monitoring.

6.1.General traffic data is collected via the RNHWA App.  Any statistics produced are based on aggregated data from which no details of any individual visitor can be traced.

6.2.The RNHWA App does not automatically capture or store personal data from visitors to the App other than to record session information such as the most popular pages visited and the nature of the browser used.

6.3.This information is used only for the administration of the site system and in the compilation of general statistics used by the RNHWA to assess the use of the site.

7. Cookies.

7.1.When we provide services via App, we want to make them easy to use, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on the device you are using for accessing the links, for example your computer or mobile phone. We do this using small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.

7.2.Cookies are used by RNHWA to improve services for you by:

7.2.1. Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information during one task, for example to remember the information you entered on the first page of a multi-page form;

7.2.2. Remembering settings so you don’t have to re-enter them every time you visit a new page;

7.2.3. Measuring how many people are using the website and how they navigate the website, so that we can identify ways to make it easier to use and make sure that there is enough capacity for the website to perform well and respond quickly.

7.2.4. Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They’re just here to make the site work better for you. Indeed, you can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish.

7.3.To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org. (link is external)

Reports & Meetings

Notes of RNHWA AGM 13.6.18.

Notes of the Annual General Meeting of the Rutland Neighbourhood Watch Association. Held in the Rutland County Council, Council Chamber, Catmose Street, Oakham, LE15 6HW.
7pm-9.5pm, 13th June, 2018.

Present: Adrian Gombault (AG) Chair, Ruthven Horne (RH), Sian Dawson (SD) John Kennedy (JK) (Board members) plus: David Hodson, Michael Arnold, Richard Foster, Mrs Sturley, Mark Carnell, Sheila Halliday-Pegg, Roy Hosmer, David Webb, Rosemary Gooding, Bruce Gilliver, and Peter Martin.

Apologies received from: William Cross, Peter Ritchie, Adele Stainsby, Ian Dobson, and Andrew Wallace.

The AGM commenced at 7pm with an off-agenda item, a short presentation by David Harvey, a police volunteer, about the serious outbreak of theft of lead from church roofs in the county.
Advice was given on the scale of the problem, the threat and the options available on how best to protect local churches, followed by questions.
If thieves were encountered in the process of crime a call by 999 was urged and quoting the term ‘Operation Battlement’ which would trigger a coordinated Police response.
Mark Carnell informed the speaker he had been keeping a look out on the Empingham Church for just such a development. Thieves were seen, and he dialled 999. Police did not attend, and they made good their escape.
David said this was disappointing to say the least he would take the matter up.

(NB. Post meeting enquiries reveal, there was one Police response vehicle available, whilst responding to the Empingham call it was diverted to a ‘knife incident’ in Oakham, which, since it was potentially a life-threatening incident took precedence.)

Returning to the Agenda, there then followed a series of short presentations on:

1. Communications covering the smartphone app and the website.

After an outline of the latest developments, there was an appeal for volunteers to help the Administrator Jan Warren. Despite it being an excellent communications facility, without further support there is a real danger it will collapse. All present were asked to try to identify anyone who might be willing to help.

A discussion then took place around a promotional plan to extend the number of ‘users’. Coordinators were felt to be the best means of securing new subscribers and were offered the latest leaflets of the smartphone app to distribute at local fetes over the summer, since one-to-one demonstration was usually found to be highly effective. In addition, they were asked to publicise the app on village websites and through the newsletters and social media: templates containing suitable copy would be supplied in the near future.

2. Data Protection.

In view of the recent changes to the Data Protection legislation a short presentation was made, giving a summary of the law and the implications for Neighbourhood Watch.
The Regulations were largely targeted at sales and marketing organisations. Coordinators were reassured, if the purpose of the data held by them was purely to keep members updated on RNHWA matters, historical data was acceptable without amendment.
One area that did affect us was the accuracy of our database records. We suspect these are not up to date and attempts to clarify this by e-mail were not successful. It is quite likely we will have to allocate each board member with a number of ‘entries’ to ring all those we are unsure about during the coming year.
A form for the completion of ‘new members’ would be circulated to address those joining after the legislation to cover the necessary information and signed authority from the member.

3. Organisation and Structure.

A series of options were currently being considered for changes within the organisation. Two presentations were given on the changes that were being considered and piloted by the board to try to cope to with the change options for areas large and small.
The first was the Ketton Project which aimed at encompassing all 2000 population.
Whilst the second was looking at (a) ‘Clusters’, a support mechanism for Coordinators, and (b) ‘Cocoons’, a mini NHW where 4-5 neighbours cooperated in keeping a look out for each other.

4. Any Other Business.

a. There was a display of security items for sale by the Police. Should Co-ordinators wish to purchase or ‘borrow’ these items to be displayed at fetes etc they could be obtained from Will Ryan at the Customer Services counter in the County Hall.
b. Smartphone app leaflets were available for Coordinators to take away and distribute to members.
c. Coordinator Packs, which were issued to Coordinators two years ago at this meeting, were issued to three new coordinators. Any coordinator who does not have one should request one from the Board. It was agreed that new or replacement pages could be circulated in future by e-mail, for Coordinators to copy and insert into their packs.

The AGM commenced at 8.45pm.

Present: Adrian Gombault (AG) Chair, Ruthven Horne (RH), Sian Dawson (SD) John Kennedy (JK) (Board members) plus: 11 members.
Apologies received from: William Cross, Peter Ritchie, Adele Stainsby, Ian Dobson, and Andrew Wallace.

Minutes of the previous AGM on 14th June 2017,
After being read out, their accuracy was proposed by Dave Hodson and seconded by Roy Hosmer.

Directors Reports.

The Directors Yearly Report was circulated to all and RH highlighted one or two key points. A copy will be placed on the RNHWA website. (See below)
The Financial Report was summarised by SD with a copy available on the website. Current assets are approximately £1000.

Re-election of the Board.

AG explained that the four directors present, AG, RH, SD (Treasurer), and JK were prepared to stand again; Alastair McCrindle was standing down. We do not have a Chairman, and it was hoped the jobs of that position would be shared out amongst the Board. Whilst jobs were shared out, e.g. he chaired many meetings, RH the last Chairman still received many of the day to day jobs etc. However, he would be retiring from the board at the end of this next year, so new nominations were requested.
No new nominations for the board were received, and it was asked all four directors be returned unopposed, and this was unanimously agreed. Coordinators were asked, as an alternative to consider whether any of their members might be willing and suitable for cooption to the Board: in which case their names should be forwarded to the Board at the earliest opportunity.

Funding: appeal for local support.

The yearly expense of the smartphone app was highlighted, plus the difficulty of meeting routine organisational costs. AG said that his Parish made a small cash donation to the local NHW groups, and others claimed to receive similar funding. He asked the meeting if they felt it appropriate to write to each Town and Parish Council asking if they might make a small pro rata donation to NHW. It was proposed by Richard Foster (Stretton Parish and Rutland County Council cabinet member) and seconded by David Hodson (Greetham Parish Councillor).

Revised Mission Statement.

AG very briefly explained the impact lower Board numbers had upon the Mission Statement. It was clear many items could no longer be delivered and so it was felt necessary to amend it to be more realistic. This was still being worked upon and would be circulated for comment before changes were confirmed.

Revised Articles and Memorandum of Association.

We are a limited company and a registered charity. We are now a part of the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Neighbourhood Grouping which also is a charity and has its own Constitution. It was felt necessary to ensure there was no conflict between the documents.
After comparing the two, there is no conflict at all, with both documents clearly drawn from the same source.

Any Other Business.

AG wished to place on record the appreciation of all for the work of Alastair McCrindle, the retiring director. He had been a founding director of the RNHWA and been involved with Neighbourhood Watch locally, regionally and at National level for over 20 years; his contribution would be missed.

There being no further business the meeting was closed at 9.10pm.

Supplementary Report.  Directors Report to the RNHWA AGM 13.6.18.

Report to the Annual General Meeting of the Rutland Neighbourhood Watch on 13th June 2018, by Ruthven Horne, Director

There are many advantages to living in a rural idyll such as Rutland, but the relatively low crime rate and high quality of life creates its own challenges, certainly for Neighbourhood Watch. How does an organisation with Crime Prevention at its heart, overcome resident complacency towards crime? What do we do if we can’t attract the necessary volunteers to deliver our services? These are the questions we must resolve and we would like your help.

The knock-on effect of a lack of volunteers is felt at all levels:

• coordinators find difficulty in attracting members;
• the frequent lack of a successor leads to the collapse of the Watch or initiative;
• the Board has struggled to find Trustees (we have not had a Secretary for 3 years);
• proactive work in developing new Watches or initiatives is minimal, e.g. in the new housing developments or in trying to reduce vulnerability or isolation; and
• The role of the Board is changing, to representation, co-ordination, and liaison with key partners, with little capacity for development and facilitating change.

Key Developments 2017/18.

• At the request of the Police we developed a contact and reporting system on our smartphone app for Heritage Watch, a police initiative. Run by the Police and volunteers, it is designed to address amongst other things theft of lead from churches.
• We upgraded the ‘free’ smartphone app with many new features including online crime reporting. We now have over 1600 ‘users’ in Rutland; most are not members of the NHW.
• We are promoting the app with Anglian Water. The greater the ‘user’ take up, the easier it is to attract the funding to pay the yearly hosting fee (£410), so please help in promoting use.
• A RNHWA website has recently been introduced to act as a support for the app in recording detailed articles. Thanks to the hard work of Jan Warren our Administrator, use has been far above expectations; it is still developing.
• A representative has been trained as a Police Community Volunteer, so he can access the Police crime data to enhance circulation by app, website, and e-mail. The aim is to provide relevant information to users, Beat by Beat.

Well planned and executed crime prevention is the key to reducing crime.

In the year ahead, we intend to:
a. Develop a better working relationship with Town and Parish Councils;
b. To recruit more volunteers;
c. Find alternative ways of working;
d. Develop a pilot scheme covering the whole of Ketton and Tinwell (pop 2000) that will make Community Safety more effective for all. The objectives are to establish communication with them all, and recruit volunteers to small special interest teams who will identify and address problems. The first problem is to reduce burglary by 30%.
e. Increase dramatically the number of users of the smartphone/tablet app.

 

‘The Ketton Project is a blog of the actions and personal views of Russ Horne, the Acting Chairman of the RNHWA, during work to improve Community Safety in the Parishes of Ketton and Tinwell.  It is ‘work in progress’, and the ‘Project’ will be launched at 7.30pm, on Tuesday 8th May, 2018, at the Annual Ketton Parish Council meeting, which coincidentally will be attended by Lord Willy Bach, the Police and Crime Commissioner, and Simon Cole, Chief Constable of the Leicestershire Police.  I estimate my involvement with the Project will last until the Project Evaluation Report (approximately 18 months), after which the Project should be firmly in the hands of local Ketton and Tinwell residents.

I am a retired Police officer (Superintendent Met Police) and have been involved with the RNHWA for about 5 years as Chairman and Director.  I worked with Jan Warren to develop her idea of the Rutland smartphone app, and was recently accepted as a Leicestershire Police Community Volunteer in which capacity I will shortly work out of Oakham Police Station to try to improve the flow of Crime Alerts across the County for the RNHWA smartphone app, Rutland E-mail alerts, and this website.  I continue to be the Coordinator for Glaston Village Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.

The Purpose of the Blog is to:

(a) Outline practice to stimulate rural initiatives.
(b) Solicit Comments and views of ‘best practice’ to inform some of the issues highlighted;
(c) Generate interest amongst current Neighbourhood Watch members;
(d) Identify persons interested in ‘volunteering’ to assist RNHWA in some way; and
(e) Identify any persons interested in joining the Police Community Volunteers in Rutland.

If you have comments on any aspect of the Project, please direct them to kettonproject@gmail.com and I will reply as soon as possible.  Please be patient with my blog style, this is the first I have ever done, but also there are only two volunteers, Jan and myself, we endeavour to deal with the app, website, and ‘other things’.  This is a slight exaggeration, as Jan does most of the work.

Russ.

Policing Developments.

Local Crime continues to increase for the second year in succession.

• During the 12 months ending March 2018, crime reports in Rutland totalled 1521, an increase of 150 (approx. 10%), over a comparable period ending March 2017.
• During this same period, there were 198 Burglary reports, an increase of 40 (25%).

This is a time of significant change for residents, with fewer visible officers, rising crime, changing police methods, and demographic change driven by new housing.

• The Neighbourhood Beat Officers will now provide the visible link with communities for Intelligence gathering, Crime Prevention and Partnership working. Use them or lose them.
• Police investigations are now ‘intelligence led’; if there is no evidence to help identify a suspect, the ‘report’ may not be pursued. All crimes must be reported to ensure the type and pattern of offences can be analysed for crime prevention purposes.
• ‘Crime Prevention’ and ‘Intelligence gathering’ have always been important, but the recent changes make them even more significant in analysing and detecting crimes.
• The Police and Crime Commissioner made it clear public involvement in reducing crime, must move beyond Consultation to active problem solving.

Conclusion.

We have worked hard to deliver a good Communication package and Partner relations, but our weakness has been in failure to attract sufficient Volunteers, either to form new NHW groups or assist in a support role.

Some areas are better served than others, so we need to be flexible in our approach, but there is little doubt better promotion or publicity is needed to overcome complacency. We must be prepared to try different approaches.

Our work in Ketton and Tinwell, is an attempt to see if our Partnership with the Beat Officer and Parish Council, plus better focused publicity and wider engagement through consultation, leads to more effective volunteer participation.

Change is natural, but if we cannot find a solution to falling resident participation, our organisation will change dramatically.

Finally, may I on behalf of the Board, ask you or colleagues to consider volunteering for the Board. We currently carry vacancies, which will increase this year with the ‘retirement’ of Alastair McCrindle, an accountant by profession, he served over 20 years, both locally and nationally with NHW as Treasurer. His financial experience and breadth of view on all matters NHW will be much missed.

Thanks to you all, for your help in the last year.

Ruthven Horne
Director.

 

Registered Number: 6878787
In England and Wales
Charity Registration Number: 1131008

RUTLAND NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH ASSOCATION
ANNUAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS

FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2018
A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE

Page 1

RUTLAND NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH ASSOCIATION
A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE

COMPANY INFORMATION
FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2013

DIRECTORS: A. Gombault
A. McCrindle
R. Horne
S. Dawson
J. Kennedy
SECRETARY: A. McCrindle

REGISTERED OFFICE: 1 Denfield Close
Glaston
Oakham
Rutland
LE15 9ED
REGISTERED NUMBER: 6878787 (England and Wales)
REGISTERED CHARITY
NUMBER: 1131008

Page 2

RUTLAND NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH ASSOCATION
A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE

REPORT OF THE DIRECTORS
The Directors present their report with the financial statements of the company for the year ended 31st March 2018.
The principal activity of the company is the period under review has been the support of NHW groups in the promotion of good citizenship and greater public participation in the prevention and solution of crime so that effective liaison between the police and public can be achieved within Rutland.
The company is a non-trading registered charity.
This report has been prepared in accordance with the special provision of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.
Signed on behalf of the Board:

…………………………………….. A. McCrindle FCA
DIRECTOR
…………………………………….. Dated

Page 3.

RUTLAND NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH ASSOCIATION

A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE

INCOME AND EXPENDITURE ACCOUNT FOR THE YEAR ENDED
31ST MARCH 2018

period ended
31/03/2017

£ £

INCOME

–                  Charitable donations – RCC           500

Less EXPENDITURE

111           Meeting expenses                             43
–                Administrative expenses                    0
–                Travelling expenses                            0
70             Bank charges                                    65
199           Rutland mobile App                       350
170           Rutland App 6 months S/O               0
_____                                                                   ____
550                                                                     458
_____                                                                  ____

-550     NET EXPENDITURE
NET INCOME for the year                  42
_____                                                                 ____

Page 4.

BALANCE SHEET AT 31ST MARCH 2018

31/03/2017
£ £
CURRENT ASSETS

1,003          Cash at Bank                                        1,045
_____                                                                           _____
represented by:

INCOME & EXPENDITURE ACCOUNT

1,553          Net income brought forward             1,003
550          Less net expenditure for the year             –
–                  Add net income for the year                    42
1,003                                                                         1,045
_____                                                                          _____
For the year ended 31st March 2018 the company was entitled to exemption from
audit under section 477 of the Companies Act 2006 relating to small companies.

The members have not required the company to obtain an audit in accordance
with section 476 of the Companies Act 2006.

The directors acknowledge their responsibility for complying with the Act with
respect to accounting records and the preparation of the accounts.

These accounts have been prepared in accordance with the provisions applicable
to companies subject to small companies regime.

Approved by the board on                                                                             2018

and signed on its behalf by                                                              A McCrindle
Director

 

Notes for RNHWA Board Meeting 7pm, 15.5.18.

Notes for RNHWA Board Meeting 15.5.18, 7pm.

Present: Adrian Gombault (AG) Chair; Sian Dawson (SD), John Kennedy (JK); Ruthven Horne (RH).

Apology: Alastair McCrindle (AM).

1. App and Website.

• Progress and Development.

o RH gave an update on the app and website.
o Users of the app were now about 1500, and thanks to the Anglian Water texts increasing about 8 per day. The website has complemented the app well and has proved very popular, with visits far exceeding expectations.
o The bulk of the work has been done by Jan; John has been trained to add Events.
o Current concerns relate to the effects of the new Data Protection Guidance, particularly on The Wall. Instructions are being changed to reflect restrictions on identification and photographs. This still needs fine tuning.
o The Police, wish to pay for and produce, a new app leaflet to be issued by Beat Officers in relation to Heritage Crime. Jan has produced a new version for their consideration. The only real concern was the wording on the rear to address Data Protection.
o After discussion it was decided the wording was too long and ‘off putting’. A better option was to record the wording re Data Protection on the app, with the Privacy Notices.
o Leaflet to be copied to everyone for views on wording. Replies please within 7 days.
o The leaflet was approved and it was requested that we obtain 5000 for use at Summer events, if possible starting 3.6, Rutland Show, 13.6, AGM, and 30.6. Ketton Cement Open Day.
o Action RH, speak Jan re timing and cost of printing for our copies, and circulate leaflet to board.

• Survey Report.

o Response very disappointing. Virtually no useful information received.
o It was confirmed all 100 Coordinators were circulated by E mail.

• Promotion Plan

o AG presented a Promotion Plan.
o The Plan was accepted. It was felt whilst digital promotion had been most effective we needed to cover all avenues.
o AG explained that Coordinators were in a good position to promote the app, and he would ask that they promote it at Village Fetes. New leaflets would help, if possible by early June.
o SD produced a portable NHW sign and a box of NHW ‘stickers’ from National Office. These were available for use at Summer events.
o Action RH and JK to speak to PC Joe Lloyd to ask him to recommend the app on his Text system (‘000’s followers).

2. Data Protection.

• RH had pre-circulated a document on the Guidance, plus a draft Communication to the board. The request is this be cascaded to Coordinators.

• SD said she had a sound knowledge of the Guidance as she worked with a colleague on preparing it.
• There was not quite the urgency suggested (25.5.18), and whilst there was a need to brief Coordinators, the purpose of the act was targeted at ‘direct marketing’: unsolicited mail, postal and e-mail spam. This guidance could wait until JK’s presentation at the AGM. Similarly, whilst Admin database did need to be accurate the updating could be gradually addressed.
• The security of the app and website (https://) had been confirmed by the designers, The App Office
• There was discussion about Data Protection generally and Identification in particular. It was agreed we should not permit the use of photos, car Reg Nos and anything that identified a suspect, unless released by the Police. This affected the Wall but it did not stop ‘General Warnings’ (user to user) such as ‘2 men driving white vehicle seen acting suspiciously’.
Action: RH liaise with Jan re implementation.
JK to prepare presentation for AGM, liaise with SD on content/wording, and then circulate to other board members.

3. Finance.

• The deadline for finding approximately £500 (app and web hosting fees for 2018/19) is 30.11.18 when next year’s rental becomes due.
• SD confirmed that she would have the Funding bid to the Big Lottery completed this weekend.
• She hoped to deal with expenses soon but was very busy at work.
• JK discussed progress of Anglian Water approach. Whilst they were currently supporting us in their promotions, financial help was rather more distant, depending on the progressive increase of users. We were more likely to get a speedy result from the Big Lottery.
• The move of RNHWA banking online has been protracted due to problems with HSBC.

4. Organisational Structure – Future Shape.

• Ketton Project.
o RH outlined a joint Police NHW project in Ketton and Tinwell – pre-circulated outline.
o A public survey of all dwellings (890) had been held and was about to be analysed.
o The next stage is a public meeting and then:
o Develop a NHW framework; Communications Network; Partnership working with County and Parish Councils, and recruiting of volunteers (most important).

• AG then updated the position re Clusters. Whilst it was considered the way forward for Coordinator Support, lack of volunteers had restricted expansion. This would be continued.

• Future Shape.
o AG spoke about the re-positioning of the Association, and the increasing problem of a lack of Coordinators and helpers.
o We envisage a range of different Watch styles, depending very much on the number of volunteers involved. They would probably range from the traditional like the one planned for Ketton, involving Alerts, Crime Prevention, ‘cocoons’, to a minimalist structure based around the Parish Council and their website displaying pertinent information.
He looked at revising the Mission Statement, perhaps to focus on Crime Prevention, although this did not really cover ‘Neighbourhood Security’ one of the National NHWN Aims. Were we any longer able to ‘unite the community of Rutland against Crime’ or was that simply unrealistic?
o Our emphasis was in any event changing to one of ‘liaison’, ‘representation,’ and an ‘enabling role’, with far more emphasis on Partnership with the various Parish Councils.
o We see this as a key development area. We had not in the past made a concerted effort to work with them, perhaps now we could and should; they had the attraction of permanency, a vested interest in the area, plus they had money to spend.
o Our Articles of Association had been checked against the Constitution of the Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland Executive; they were virtually identical. There was no conflict between the two so there was no hurry to wind them up as we were originally thinking.

5. AGM 13.6.18 7pm Oakham Council Chamber.

• The Agenda and style as presented by AG were quickly agreed:
o Access 6.30pm, Council Chamber, horseshoe shape of desks, with rows of chair behind; up to 40; open end near projector screen. Need projector, lectern and microphone.
Plus Director’s Report by RH and Finance Report by SD plus Minutes last meeting 14.6.17 (on overhead?) (40 copies of each).
Display of Crime Prevention items for sale by local Police.
o Drinks and biscuits not required as there is a drinks machine.
o Chair AG.
• Content agreed at:
o App and Website 15 mins RH;
– Latest developments,
– Appeal for volunteers to assist Jan;
– Promotional plans AG;.
o Data Protection Presentation JK 15 mins; (incl SD?)
o Organisation 15 mins RH/AG;
• AOB.
o Display of security items from Police.

No break then move into:

AGM.
• Apologies.
• Minutes of 2017 AGM.
• Directors’ Reports (SD & RH)
• Re-election of Board.
• Funding: need for funds, plans for grant, appeal for local support.
• Revised Mission Statement.
• Revised Articles and Memorandum of Association.
• AOB.