Marion Oakham Beat.
Petaling Jaya Oakham – Burglary, between 6pm 20.10.21 and 9.15am 21.10.21. from metal container in Dickinson Meadow, Stamford Road. Padlock on gate to field cut, and padlock on container forced. Stolen from inside, one handheld mower, (approx. £800), hedge cutter (approx. £300), edge strimmer (approx. £300). No makes or models yet available. It seems likely a vehicle would have to have been used so if you saw any persons or vehicles in the vicinity of this field please dial 101 and pass the information to PC 1312 Lloyd Oakham Beat Officer, quoting Cr no 21*612114
Items such as these are common targets and they can easily be sold online, Facebook Market Place, GumTree etc or local car boot sales or second hand markets. If you are to have any realistic chance of getting them back you need the make, model, serial number and photos of any distinguishing marks. This is easily done by your mobile phone. Hints on Property Marking can be found by searching on the Internet.
calculatingly North Beat.
Greetham – Theft of number plates from foreign registered motor lorry parked in lay by at Wood Lane (near A1N) between 10pm20.10.21 and 5.30am 21.10.21. Stolen Front and rear index plates KR67LI (Croatian registration).
Clipsham – Theft of heating oil between 10am 18.10.21 and 4pm 21.10.21, from tank in Farmhouse garden, New Road. Recent delivery.
The rising price of heating plus the approach of winter means this type of theft is likely to increase in frequency. If you have oil fired heating please review the security of your storage. Thieves often follow delivery vehicles and then return to check the security. Nedroma Please look at the security options below.
Heating Oil Theft – 6 Ways To Prevent Oil Theft
- Install an Heating Oil Tank Alarm: A Heating Oil tank alarm can be a good idea to alert you of a dip in your oil levels. ..Search internet for different varieties or contact your usual oil delivery firm.
- Install CCTV: CCTV will help you catch a thief in the act and potentially deter thieves from targeting you. …
- Get Security Lighting: Many thieves strike at night and will quietly steal thousands of pounds worth of oil while you sleep. …
- Put Gravel Around Your Tank: You can discourage thieves by surrounding your tank with gravel. …
- Keep Your Tank Hidden: Thieves use Google Maps to find satellite images of heating oil tanks and target homes. …
Guidance by Lincs Police.
Rutland has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Crime is the responsibility of the whole community. Please play your part by installing appropriate crime prevention measures, and if you have any information relating to a crime or suspicious or anti-social behaviour, please pass it to your local Beat Officer.