Crime is the responsibility of the whole community. Rutland has one of the lowest crime rates in the country. If you have any information relating to a crime or suspicious behaviour, please dial 101 and pass it to your local Beat Officer.
Langham – theft of a catalytic converter from a car parked in Orchard Road, between 12 noon 8.4 and 8.30am 9.4.21. Estimated value £1000. This many have happened after 2am, so if you live in Orchard Road and you have CCTV or any type of doorbell camera pleased check to see if it has recorded anything after this time.
Please pass any information by telephoning 101 to PC 1742 Appleton at Oakham Police station quoting crime ref 21*0199310.
Oakham – Criminal damage to motor vehicle at Enterprise Park, Ashwell Road, about 2.30pm 12.4.21. Vehicle scraped from front to rear.
Catalytic Converter Thefts.
There has been a recent increase in the theft of catalytic converters from vehicles in Rutland. 4×4 vehicles in particular have been targeted as the catalytic converter is more readily accessible.
To reduce the risk of theft of your vehicle’s catalytic converter:
- Keep your car in the garage wherever possible,
- Park in busy, well-lit areas,
- Look out for people working under cars,
- If the car is high risk, such as a 4×4, consider marking the shell of the converter with a unique mark, so that it has to be removed by thieves, it will be easier to trace back to your vehicle,
- Consider purchasing a device to secure your converter such as a cage or lock.
If you see something suspicious, ring the police immediately on 101 or 999. Dial 999 if:
- A serious offence (includes catalytic converter theft) is in progress or has just been committed,
- Someone is in immediate danger of harm,
- Property is in danger of being damaged,
- Serious disruption to public peace is likely.
Anyone with information can pass on information by visiting https://www.leics.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/af/how-to-report-a-crime/ and quoting reference 21*188891. Alternatively, call 101.
(Includes PCSO Dianne Freeman from Rutland.)