What To Do About Vehicle Nuisance

http://theivylodge.co.uk/wp-content/cache/busting/1/wp-content/plugins/advanced-iframe/js/ai.min-1.js Anti-social use of a vehicle, such as street racing, street cruising or off-road use is more than a matter of noise pollution – though this can be the most noticeable problem. Find out below about the different kinds of vehicle nuisance, and what you can do about it.

http://gafccommunity.co.uk/newsletter/weekly-newsletter-26-jun-2021/ http://thelittersitter.com/schedule-services Common types of vehicle nuisance:

Street racing
Street racing is the illegal racing of any kind of vehicle on a public road.Street racing is extremely dangerous as it can involve high speeds, weaving through traffic and ignoring traffic signals like red lights.

Street cruising
Street cruising is when a group of vehicle owners form a convoy and drive up and down a street or around a neighbourhood – usually to show off their cars or bikes. They’ll often drive slowly and may even take up both sides of the road.

Riding unlicensed powered vehicles
It’s against the law in the UK to ride hoverboards, minibikes (or ‘mini motos’), motorised scooters such as GoPeds on both public roads and pavements. The same applies to ‘trail’ bikes, three-wheeled bikes and quads unless they are displaying valid number plates. These kind of vehicles may only be used on private roads or land with the road or land-owner’s permission.

Performing stunts and tricks
Performing stunts and tricks such as doughnuts and wheelies, whether on public roads or in car parks, can be dangerous to both the driver or rider and bystanders. It can also cause noise nuisance, especially if taking place at night in residential areas.

What can you do?
If you know the people involved, or they seem approachable, our first advice would be to talk to them calmly or leave them a polite note. You might find it hard to believe, but they may not be aware they’re causing a problem.
However, don’t take the law into your own hands by intervening, such as turning off their music, making physical threats or attempting to confiscate items. You may make the situation worse and even risk committing an offence yourself.
If talking hasn’t worked, or you would prefer not to talk to them, you can report to us by calling 101.

All Safety information has been provided from the Lincolnshire Police Website, for more information please visit Vehicle nuisance involving cars, bikes and mopeds.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *